- 09/06/2013: Deadline for submission of extended abstract (max. 1000 words)
- 14/07/2013: Notification of acceptance – will be a bit later, sorry
- 31/07/2013: Early-bird registration for accepted authors
- 11/11/2013: Start of symposium at Stellenbosch University (South Africa)
- 11/11/2013: Informative meeting for a general audience, incl. demo’s
- 12/11/2013: Research workshop (videoconferencing with RU Nijmegen and Kulak Leuven)
Registration and participation are free of charge.
If you want to register, send an email to HLT4LL@let.ru.nl.
Mention if you want to be present in Stellenbosch, Nijmegen or Kortrijk.
The number of available places is limited, we thus might have to select.
Nick Ellis, Maxine Eskenazi, John Nerbonne, Mathias Schulze, Isabel Trancoso
Call for papers
We hereby solicit contributions to the research workshop on 12 November 2013.
Potential authors are invited to submit a proposal for a paper or poster session related to any of the mentioned fields. Submissions can also provide feedback on the use of current applications, or suggest possible ways of optimization and propose future developments, based on a systematic investigation of the subject. All submissions will be subjected to peer review; only a limited number of contributions will be presented at the workshop. During the workshop, presenters will get feedback from the keynote speakers.
During the research workshop, video conferencing facilities will be available at Radboud University (Nijmegen, The Netherlands) and at KU Leuven Kulak (Kortrijk, Belgium), which will allow researchers to participate from remote locations.
We are considering inviting presenters to submit full-length papers after the workshop, which may be published in a special issue of an authoritative, interdisciplinary and international journal in the field.
How to submit your proposal
Proposals must be sent to HLT4LL@let.ru.nl by 9 June 2013.
1. Helmer Strik (coord.) & Catia Cucchiarini (CLST, Dept. of Ling., Radboud University, The Netherlands)
2. Febe de Wet (Stellenbosch University & CSIR Meraka Institute)
3. Frederik Cornillie & Piet Desmet (ITEC, KU Leuven Kulak & iMinds, Belgium)